This recipe for Boiled Chipotle Chilaquiles with Eggs is a tasty twist on the traditional Mexican Hangover Cure and is a tasty meal for any time of the day.
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Cups of Tortilla Chips
- 1 Cup of Homemade Chipotle Chilesquiles Sauce
- ½ Cup of Boiled Signature Red Sauce
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Black Refried Beans or Whole Bayo Beans
- 2 Diced Tomatoes cut into small cubes
- ½ Diced White Onion cut into small cubes
- ½ Cup of Chopped Cilantro
- 4 Individual Baking Pans
- Preheat the oven to 450º F/230º C.
- Mix the Homemade Chipotle Chilesquiles Sauce with the boiled Signature Red Sauce.
- Cover the bottom and walls of each of the baking pans with cooking spray.
- In the baking pans, place a layer of the Tortilla Chips, a layer of the mixed sauces, and a layer of Cheddar Cheese. Carefully break open and add a Raw Egg into each pan without breaking the Yolk.
- Place the baking pans inside the oven for 10 minutes or until the Cheese has gratined/or appears golden brown and delicious.
- In a bowl, gently mix the Diced Onion and Tomato as well as the Chopped Cilantro with Salt and Pepper. Let it sit to let the flavors of the Pico de Gallo develop.
- Remove pans from the oven once they are ready and serve fresh with the Pico de Gallo and warmed Refried Black Beans.