Our Red Chilaquiles with Corn (on the Cob) Gratin recipe is a comforting fusion of flavors and is a delicious cool-weather dish to enjoy with your family.
- 1 Cup Cooked Yellow Corn
- 1 Cup Signature Red Chilesquiles Sauce
- 4 Cups Tortilla Chips
- 1 Cup (approximately 4 ounces) Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella or Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup (15 ounces) Rinsed and Drained Black Beans
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lemon for juicing
- Handful of Chopped Cilantro
- First prepare the Garnish: In a bowl mix the Beans, Avocado diced into squares, A Handful of Chopped Cilantro and Lemon Juice. Add Salt and Pepper. Let it sit while you prepare the dish so the flavors can mingle.
- Preheat the oven to 450º F/230º C.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat the Signature Red Chilesquiles Sauce on the stove at medium-high so it can simmer, do not let it boil. Add the Cooked Yellow Corn and stir until the Corn has warmed through.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add the Tortilla Chips. Mix well.
- Cover the mix evenly with the Cheese and place it in the oven for 10 minutes or until the Cheese has melted and is a warm and toasty golden brown.
- Serve the dish fresh and hot from the oven garnished with the Black Beans and Avocado.