Our recipe for Roasted Chicken served with a Glaze made from our Homemade Chipotle Chilesquiles Sauce is a Family Favorite for Dinner & sure to be your Family’s new go-to Weeknight Meal.
If served with Bread:
- 1⁄2 Cup of Honey
- 1 Orange for juicing
- 1⁄4 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1⁄2 Cup of boiled Homemade Chipotle Chilesquiles Sauce
If served with Minced Red Onions:
- Enjoy with as much Bread as you like
- 1 Sliced Avocado
- As much Sliced Radish as you like
- 2 Minced Red Onions
- 1⁄2 Cup of Chopped Cilantro
- 1⁄4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Lime for juicing
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Garlic
- Diced Habanero Peppers
Preparing the Red Onion Garnish:
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a small pan, slowly cook all the ingredients for the Chipotle Glaze. Stir until it thickens and forms a paste. Add Salt to taste.
- In a separate bowl introduce the Chicken Legs with the Skin left on and add half the Chipotle Glaze. Mix well. Cover and let sit for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Save the other portion of the Glaze.
- Place the Chicken Legs on a baking sheet and baste with remaining glaze. Roast for 30-40 minutes until golden. The internal temperature of the fully-cooked meat should be 165º F.
Can be served 2 ways:
- Soak the Red Onion in water for 20 minutes. Drain well and mince.
- Mix with the remaining ingredients. Add as much Salt and Pepper as you like.
- Habanero Peppers are optional. Serve sliced with the specific amount you desire.
You can shred the Chicken Legs and serve it with your Favorite Kind of Bread to sop up the Chipotle Glaze and enjoy with a helping of Sliced Avocado and Radish on the side.
You can also serve the Roasted Chicken Legs as individual drumsticks with a Garnish of Minced Red Onion on the side.