This recipe for Roasted Whitefish Medallions with Roasted Green Sauce and White Wine is perfect for a romantic meal for two or a fancy feast for four.
- 800 Gr or 4 Large and Thick Whitefish Filets
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of your Favorite Variety of White Wine
- 1 Cup of Roasted Green Chilesquiles sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooked White Rice
- As many Avocado Slices as you like
- While the fish is still cold and fresh upon removing it from the fridge, use a circular cookie mold to cut out 2 Filet Medallions. Season the Medallions with Salt and Pepper.
- In a pan, heat the Roasted Green Chilesquiles Sauce and add the White Wine. Reduce the heat to medium once it begins to form a paste and continue to stir occasionally. Taste the sauce to see if it is seasoned to your liking.
- In a separate pan add the Olive Oil and let the pan heat up over a medium heat. Once it is hot, carefully add the Medallions to the pan. Sear until they are golden on both sides.
- Take the Medallions off the heat and transfer them to a baking sheet. Cover the Medallions with the Sauce and place the sheet in the oven at 375º F for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve 2 Medallions per plate with the White Rice and Avocado Slices.